Saturday, November 15, 2014

It's Tailgaten Time!!! Elephant Cheese Crisps

Today is a BIG day for all of us University of Alabama football lovers.
I have been planning my tailgaten food all week long.
now.
I would really love to claim this idea as my own, but the truth is, I saw it on Instagram last week.

Loved this idea and ordered a little "mini" elephant cookie cutter off Amazon.

Then I searched for a cheese crisp recipe.  
And of course I had to change it to make it my own.

So, here we go!
Start with these ingredients

This really should be sifted all together.  The salt, cayenne pepper and flour.

3 1/3 cups flour
1 TBSP salt
3 TBSP cayenne pepper

But.  I couldn't find my sifter, so I used a whisk.  

Beat 2 sticks of butter (room temp)


add 5 cups of shredded sharp cheese

and blend on med.

and blend some more.

slowly add flour mixture and keep blending.  Add about 4 TBSP of water and blend until you get this consistency.

transfer the blob of cheese mixture to a flat surface covered with wax paper and roll it out to about 1/8" thickness

transfer to a baking sheet and put in the fridge for 15 min.

take out and start cutting with your cookie cutter

I added a bit more cayenne pepper only because "W" loves his cheese crisps spicy!

Bake for 14 min.  (no longer or they will burn)  
Also, this makes a lot of these little suckers.  So you may split in half if you need less!

Have a great day y'all!
and
ROLL TIDE!!!

kb

No comments:

Post a Comment