Friday, April 18, 2014

Update!

Well, well, welly.
"W" and I had my doctor's appt. yesterday to get the lowdown on my hip.....
After sitting in the doctor's office for 1 hr. and 45 min. ("W" doesn't do real well with that)
As a matter of fact he was sitting there with his calculator adding up what he was going to charge the doctor for his time away from work.....
It really was that long and we were just about to walk out.
but we didn't.
So, In walks Dr. Jarrett.

now, people can say what they want to about reading up on your diagnosis on the internet, but I'm here to tell you, I was and am informed.

I read the specifics of what I have and also consulted my orthopedist friend.
And, believe it or not, I retained the information.
That's a first for me :)

Dr. Jarrett (my Dr. in Atlanta) said to me "I love an informed patient"

So, this is the deal.
I am on the cusp of needing a hip replacement.

If I had waited probably 2 more months before going to the doctor, that would have been where I was headed.
We are choosing to do a Core Decompression because of a couple of reasons.
The main one is that I am 54 (another being right on the cusp thing) but also, given the anxiety level that I have with my deceased mother's issue, I just don't think I'm ready to deal with that.  If you've read my blog for 3 years, you know what a nightmare that was.

The bad news about Core Decompression is that I will literally be on crutches for 2 months.  Absolutely NO pressure can be put on my leg.
How am I going to play tennis?
Let alone cook.  And what about painting?  And I have a dog that has to be walked.
We have a lot of things to think about.
I know one thing.
I'm taking a major trip before this happens.  Hopefully I can find a bunch of girls to go with me!!!

  Please pray that the pain I'm experiencing (pretty major this morning) will subside.

have a great day y'all!!!
I'm heading to an Easter egg hunt with my g-babies!!!!

xxxoooo
kb

1 comment:

  1. So hoping the Core Decompression is the answer and hoping you are pain free soon!! Happy Easter to you all!!

    ReplyDelete