Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Three Days of Vitamix-Day Three, Beet Soup

Oh MY.
Oh my my my.
Y'all.
You gotta try this.
I'm a beet lover.  But I never dreamed that I would like Beet Soup.
Until I made this today.

This is a MUST TRY!

And even though beets are quite fattening, they are packed with antioxidants.

So, if you like beets, get on board my Vitamix Bandwagon and make this!

First I peeled 3 large fresh beets.  I then boiled them for about 20 min.

Then I sautéed 1 medium onion (chopped) and 3 cloves of garlic smashed

when brown, I poured in 2 cups of Beef broth

 like this

then I drained the beets and cut them into quarters

and added them to the broth with salt and pepper to taste.
I brought this to a boil, covered and simmered for 20 min.

I stuck all of that into the Vitamix and blended on 8 until smooth. (about a minute or two)


isn't this beautiful?


I added a dollop of sour cream and a few sprigs of basil.

Like I said, this is a must, must try.

have a great rest of the day y'all!
kb

No comments:

Post a Comment